Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Battle of the Bands

I have never really thought of Marching Band competitions as a contact sport. I don't really follow marching bands that much, but this article from the Indy Star caught my eye this week. What Drama!

The competition was so tough that Avon senior Megan Hovious, 17, came back to the field for Saturday night's finale after her nose was broken during the semifinals when another guard member's airborne rifle came down and landed on her face.
"I had to (come back)," Hovious said as she walked off the field after the band's final performance. "I didn't have a choice -- we had a show to do."
That was her plan all along, even right after the accident, while she was sitting on a stretcher in the first aid office at the Dome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

statistics